Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Unbuttoned

Baylor by 19, and it wasn't that close!

I finally got to talk to my surgeon this morning to discuss my button-popping ways. I suspected they were something put in place to hold something else underneath my abdominal wall. As it turns out, that was the case. During surgery, when they fill your stomach with gas to insert the tube, these buttons are sewn into place to hold the stomach against the abdominal wall for insertion, and as I was hoping they were designed to do their job and then fall out. They were only held in with one dissolvable thread. So now we know who has the buttons - the doctor took my other one. She did explain to me that the parts inside the stomach are also only held by one dissolvable thread; they will naturally go through my system. Holy crap, batman!

I'm fine. I am 50% complete (!!)  on my radiation treatments, and headed into the home stretch. Talk to you all again soon. The Lakers are on ... See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment